CNA National Learning
Pro Certified ® (PC2) Limited Warranty
A multi-point warranty product with certification guidelines for franchise and non-franchise models.
Why should a dealer choose PC2?
Shorter term options, multiple deductibles, and the ability to mix and match allows dealers to offer a limited warranty that meets their needs.
Mid-Term (MIDLW) Limited Warranty
A multi-warranty product that follows the Pro Certified guidelines for franchise and non-franchise models.
Why should a dealer choose MIDLW?
MIDLW provides additional longer-term and deductible options beyond the current PC2 program, allowing dealers to pick a term that best suits their needs.
PC2 3-Point Contract Example
Mid-Term Contract Example
(same as PC2 3-Point)
Pro Certified (PC2) and Mid-Term (MIDLW) Limited Warranties include 24-hour emergency roadside service for 12 months from the vehicle sale date, regardless of the duration of the warranty.
Question 1: What types of coverage are offered under the PC2 Limited Warranty?
Question 2: What type of coverage is offered under the Mid-Term Limited Warranty?
Transfers, Future Contract Guaranty, and Cancellations
PC2 and MIDLW Limited Warranties are not eligible to be transferred, except to spouses or children.
Future Contract Guaranty:
PC2 and MIDLW Limited Warranties are not eligible for future contract guaranty.
This limited warranty is provided to the customer at no cost and therefore is not cancellable.
Contract Rating – Menu Provider* and QuikRate
Limited Warranty (WAR)
(*Dealers are encouraged to contact their third-party menu provider)
- Contract Sale Date = Effective Date
- Expiration Date = Term years + Contract Sale Date
- Contract Sale Mileage = Effective Mileage
- Expiration Mileage = Term Mileage + Contract Sale Mileage
New Terms (MIDLW Only)
- Vehicle Sale Date = Effective Date
- Expiration Date = Contract Term Years + Effective Date
- Expiration Mileage = Contract Term Mileage
- Mileage Term begins at 0
Please reach out to Sales Support to complete the following docs:
- Limited Warranty Program Acknowledgement Form #8511 (existing dealers only)
- Pro Certified Dealer Enrollment Worksheet #8564 (new dealers only)
- Motor Vehicle Dealer Agreement #7650 (new dealers only)
- These items can be found on the agent portal under "Sign/Install" and "Pro Certified 2"
Are the Pro Certified (PC2) and Mid-Term (MIDLW) Limited Warranties eligible for participation programs?
- The PC2 and MIDLW Limited Warranties are eligible for CFC and NCFC programs.
- Dealers who sell both PC2 and MIDLW must enroll both products in the same participation program.
How to Pro Certify your inventory:
Pro Certified® Limited Warranty Vehicle Inspection Checklist*
*Should be used for both PC2 and MIDLW warranties
Examples of ineligible vehicle criteria:
- High performance/value vehicles or trims
- Vehicle weight over 12,000 lbs.
- Gray market vehicles
- Vehicles manufactured for special services
- Incomplete models including flat-bed trucks, cab and chassis
- Models with aftermarket parts, software or kits
- Vehicles with voided or rescinded factory warranty
- Battery electric vehicles
(Please reference the Ineligible Vehicles List under Pro Certified 2 series for a full list for specific model exclusions [Form 9246].)
Eligibility Criteria – Fuel Types
Ineligible Fuel Types:
- Fuel cell/hydrogen vehicles are not eligible
- Battery electric vehicles are not eligible
Eligible Fuel Types:
- Internal combustion engine vehicles are eligible
- Hybrid vehicles are eligible
- Plug-in hybrid vehicles are eligible
(Please reference the Ineligible Vehicles List under Term Protect series for a full list for specific model exclusions [Form 9246].
PC2 & MIDLW Underwriting Guidelines
MIDLW offers rates for both New and Used vehicles.
New vehicles are eligible for PC2, however will be rated as Used.
The Pro Certified Limited Warranty programs have the following marketing materials available for use:
- Highlight sheet
- Product FAQ (for agent use only)
- Pro Certified point-of-sale summary